Friday, June 22, 2012

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Everyone knows the age old wedding says, "something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new" for your wedding day. Some traditional blue items over the years have been piece of jewelry, garters, and even blue undergarments.
I, myself stuck with a more traditional something blue-the garter I wore had beautiful light blue ribbon wrapped around a white satin band, trimmed in white lace. I have seen Giants, Yankees & Mets garters, all featuring the color blue in their logos; I know their are a number of other professional teams out their with blue logos but when you live in the Tri-Stae NJ area those are about it! I have seen brides feature blue sapphire necklaces, earrings and rings on their wedding day too. But until recently I had never seen blue shoes hidden under the brides dress.

The idea intrigued me. I LOVED IT!

Think about it, no one can see your feet under that floor length dress anyway so why not jazz up your dress with a pair of cute shoes under it all? When you pick up your dress to swoosh around on the dance floor you may show off your tootsies a bit, but chances are most of your guests will love seeing more of your personal style come out when they are hopping around with you!

You can vary the blue depending on your theme and colors or on your personal favorite shade of blue. I think it is an awesome way to incorporate your something blue and something new without breaking the bank on a new set of expensive jewelry. And if you have a pair of old blue shoes that you are dying to wear but didn't know how to work it into your big day, well then you have your something old and your something blue!
If your wedding has come and gone, what was your something blue? If you are waiting for your wedding to come around, what will your something blue be?

Blue wedding shoes
http://shoes75.blogspot.com/2010/04/blue-wedding-shoes-with-rhinestone.html




No comments:

Post a Comment